Q.   What is required to book a date and space?
A.   We will tentatively hold space(s) while you are evaluating the site and working out the details of your event, giving you the right of first refusal should someone else inquire about the space during this time. A signed contract and a non-refundable deposit are required to guarantee your date.

Q.   How many hours does the facility rental cover?
A.   Standard room rentals for special events such as weddings, banquets, and private parties are 4 hours. This does not include time for set up and decorating. Meeting and conference spaces may be requested for half day (4 hours) or full day (8 hour) rentals.  Talk with your event planner about your needs and they can help you decide what space and time frame will work best for you.

Q.   Can we extend the event for additional time?
A.   Additional time can be requested and will be approved on a case by case basis, depending on other events that the university has scheduled for that day.  Additional catering fees may be required.

Q.   What does my facility rental fee include?
A.   Our facility rental fees include the use of the space on the day of your event as well as tables and chairs for events being hosted indoors. We do not provide tables or chairs for outdoor events – those items must be rented through an outside vendor and their delivery on campus must be coordinated through your event planner. Many of our meeting and conference spaces also include the use of projectors, laptops, flip charts, etc.

When booking a wedding with Hollins, your facility rental fee also includes the use of the facility for 2 hours the day before your ceremony for a rehearsal as well as 2 changing areas on campus for the bride and groom to get ready the day of.

Q.   What is the $100 facility attendant fee mentioned in the wedding guide?
A.   A facility attendant is required to be onsite during the rehearsal and the the day of the ceremony to answer questions and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.  This fee is paid directly to the attendant the day of your rehearsal.

Q.   Do I have to provide liability insurance for my event?
A.   Yes, all events on the Hollins University campus require a Certificate of Insurance be provided to Hollins University evidencing Comprehensive General Liability Insurance with aggregate limits of not less than $1 million for general liability occurrence and $2 million aggregate and not less than $1 million for sexual misconduct and harassment liability insurance. Hollins University must be named as additional insured.  Your event planner can give you a list of recommended providers should you need it.

Q.   What if I need to cancel my event?
A.   Facility deposits are non refundable. Catering cancellation charges are listed in your food and beverage contract.

Q.   Can I use outside catering services or bring in other food for my event?
A.   Hollins is pleased to offer clients everything they need for a successful event, all in one location.  We have partnered with Meriwether Godsey catering out of Lynchburg, VA to give our clients outstanding food and beverage services.  Through this partnership, we do require all events be catered by Meriwether Godsey.

Q.   Will I need to provide a liquor license for my event?
A.    No, Meriwether Godsey will take care of all the bar needs for your event including bartenders, glassware, and helping you select beer, wine, or spirits for your event.

Q.   Where do we park during events?
A. Parking is available in various lots throughout campus.  Click here to view our campus map which shows designated parking areas.